The purpose of an interview is for the client to establish your suitability for the vacancy, as well as whether you will add value to the organisation and fit in with the company culture.
Here are some tips when going for an interview:
- Diarise the location and time of the interview, the interviewer's full name and designation.
- Read over your CV and brush up on your previous employment and your work history.
- Think carefully about your achievements and how to describe them.
- Practice your interviewing skills with a friend a day before the interview.
- Find out the company dress code and dress appropriately. First impressions count!
- Arrive on time.
- Introduce yourself politely.
- Have a firm handshake, and make eye contact. Giving a limp handshake and avoiding eye contact shows that you are not confident in your own abilities.
- Listen carefully to the questions that the interviewer is asking, and then answer appropriately. Don’t waffle as the interviewers may lose interest. If you do not understand the question that is being asked, ask them to repeat it or rephrase it.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions if you are unsure as to what the interviewer is asking. You have one opportunity to make a good impression, and it would be better to have clarity, rather than to guess an answer.
Before going to an interview, you need to know as much as possible about the company. Do some research beforehand and familiarise yourself with their products and services, and a bit of their company history.
Here are some things that you could prepare to ask the interviewer:
- A detailed description of the position
- What the culture of the company is
- What the company growth plans are and how would I fit in with this if I’m successful?
If you have any concerns, never phone the company directly. Call your Fenris Personnel consultant with any questions that you might have.
Are you looking to hire professional employees who add value to your company? Find out more about creating a successful recruiting partnership with Fenris Personnel here.
Are you working in your dream career? Do you want to work in an organisation that values your contribution? Find out more about the employment solutions and career guidance that Fenris Personnel has for you here.
Can't Find What You're Looking For?
Call Fenris Personnel...
Tel: 0861 FENRIS (336747)
International: +27 11 791 6444
Fax: +27 27 11 791 6413
or send us your CV